An amazing South Texas Ranch with excellent location, excellent access, huge whitetail deer, and fantastic sunset views!!


Located conveniently located 1 hour south of San Antonio in a highly desirable area of Frio County.  22055 Hwy 57, Pearsall, TX.  Approximately 20 miles west of Pearsall, TX.  The ranch has over 2 miles of paved road frontage on Hwy 57 and includes paved hard top access to the headquarters. 

More information

Description:  PRIME SOUTH TEXAS RANCH!!! COMPLETELY HIGH FENCED!! This place has it all for the hunting/wildlife enthusiast and a livestok operation with excellent wildlife habitat, improved pastures and some of the best topography and highest hills in the area.   There are beautiful breathtaking sunset views from the headquarters compound.  The current owner has recently gone to great expense in improving the ranch such as:  extensive brush clearing to reclaim pastures, improvements to some of the existing ponds and lakes, extensive improvements to existing water wells.   A very clean ranch with no oil or gas wells, large neighbors, no easements, and paved road frontage. 

IMPROVEMENTS:  Very nice improvements!  The HQ consists of 2 separate buildings and sits atop a unique hill that boasts amazing sunset views!  The main house is a custom rock home approximately 1,800 +/- sq. ft. 3 bedroom/2 bath with a unique rock fire place, ranch style kitchen with custom countertops and 130 year old hardwood floors.  The back porch area of the home has a huge entertaining stone veranda and outdoor cooking area highlighted by stunning sunset views.  Across the spacious parking area is a 4,800 +/- sq. ft. stone building that literally has everything, including a 1,400 sq.ft. covered porch that has a build in commercial walk in cooler, wild game processing room, sausage smoking room plus a commercial water filtration room.    There is also a 2,000 +/- sq. ft. insulated barn with 18 foot ceilings, custom work benches, storage shelves and three 14 X 14 foot electric bay doors.  There are also two very nice separate extra-large guest bedroom quarters each with a wet bar and separate bath.  The current owner has recently completed a new steel equipment building to house additional equipment, vehicles, and ATV’s.  The improvements are surrounded and protected by an interior high quality high fence with 2 massive electric keypad gates.

WATER IMPROVEMENTS:   2 Carrizo water wells, 2 queens water wells, 4 windmills, and 5 earthen tanks.  Three of these tanks have Carrizo well water lines to them and can be kept full of water.  The largest lake is approximately 5 acres in size and is one of the main highlights of the ranch. The water capacity and infrastructure that is in place is a very valuable asset to this amazing ranch.  

HABITAT:  This amazing ranch has exceptional topography consisting of approximately 60% sandy loam and sandy clay with the remaining 40% in gravel hills with elevations over 800 feet. There are approximately 250-300 acres of some of the finest improved pastures in all of South Texas with buffel grass, coastal Bermuda, and native grasses.   The remainder of the ranch is flush with excellent South Texas native brush, areas of giant native Mesquite trees, and very nutritious browse and forbs.

Wildlife:  High fenced for over 20 years the ranch has been involved in the TPWD MLDP program since the early 2000’s.  The Whitetail deer on this ranch have been intensively quality managed.  In fact the current owner on Sept. 15, 2023 introduced some new South Texas genetics to the ranch.   10 huge bucks over 200+ BC and 20 bred does with superb genetics were purchased from DM Ranch Whitetails (Don Green and Mark Schweers) and released on the ranch.  DM Ranch Whitetails are considered one of the very best quality South Texas deer breeders.   There is excellent dove hunting, great quail hunting at times, and wild turkey.  There are very good deer blinds and feeders and excellent roads and wide senderos.  This ranch has been highlighted on various TV hunting shows in the past.

LIVESTOCK:  Currently there are no livestock on the ranch due to the extensive pasture reclamation work that is underway.  The ranch is set up to run a cow/calf operation with 3 pastures suitable for rotational grazing.  There is a good set of cattle pens that can handle up to 300 head of cattle.  The property is currently under AG-Exemption.

MINERALS:  Negotiable.  Owner believes he owns 50% of the minerals and all executive rights.  No existing operating wells and no current leases.

Previous Image Next Image